img 01464 820862
img 11 Hermit Seat, Auchleven, Insch, AB52 6QZ
  • Follow us:
  • RSS

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

For all Energy Performance Certificate and SAP Assessment enquiries please call us on 01464 820862.

What are EPCs?


EPC aberdeen

click to view

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) provides an indication of the heating efficiency of a property.  For existing dwellings built before January 2013 it is compiled by a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) carrying out a site inspection and entering the data into government approved RdSAP software which produces the unique certificate for that property.  The EPC shows how efficiently the space and water is heated in the property.  It includes approximate heating/lighting costs and environmental impact (CO2 rating), and recommendations to reduce them.   All EPCs in Scotland are lodged on the Energy Savings Trust Scottish EPC register.  Each EPC is identified by and can be retrieved using a unique 20 digit reference number.

When is an EPC required?

In Scotland EPCs are required by law when selling or renting any property including holiday homes.  They are also required when applying for Feed-In-Tariff (FITs) or Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payments.

New build dwellings require a SAP Assessment during planning/build warrant stage and again on completion.  Also on completion the new dwelling requires a New Build EPC which is calculated using the SAP Assessment figures.  All the figures are obtained from the plans and no site visit is usually necessary.  In Scotland, all dwellings built after Jan 2013 must have a New Build EPC carried out by an OCDEA (On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor).

How can Aissac help?

Ruth Ogilvie is a registered Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) and On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) with Elmhurst Energy Ltd.  This allows Aissac to provide EPCs for all their solar PV installations.  To qualify for the Feed-In-Tariff the property that the solar PV is connected to must reach a level D or better in the EPC, before the PV is installed.  Aissac will survey the property prior to installation to ensure this is possible and lodge/issue the EPC.

In addition Ruth can carry out Domestic Energy Assessments for rental purposes and for the RHI purposes.

As an OCDEA Ruth can carry out SAP Assessments for New Build dwellings, both As-designed and As-built.  As part of the As-built assessment a New Build EPC is produced.

When can Aissac NOT carry out an EPC?

Currently Aissac cannot carry out Green Deal Assessments, Home Reports for selling houses, or EPCs for commercial properties.

What will it cost?

Our current rates for producing an Existing Dwellings (domestic) EPC depend on how many bedrooms the property has and are:

One to two bedrooms £70
Three to Four bedrooms£80
Five beds and over £90

Please contact us for OCDEA/New Build EPC rates since they will depend on the size and complexity of the new build property.

Aissac do not charge VAT since we are not currently VAT registered.


Elmhurst Certificate 543

click to view